• The NAWCC Museum and Library & Research Center are currently open. Please check the Visiting Schedule for Days and Hours at the bottom of the Visit Page.

Movement manufacturer unkown to me

jkfabulos

NAWCC Member
Aug 21, 2001
Does anyone recognize this movement?
i thought it would be fun to restore just to educate myself about a movement I have never seen before
but it has stumped me as to how it functions and what is the correct wiring.
The verge crutch looks to have been set up for either a mercury pendulum shaft or a round pendulum stick.
It is 120 beat.
m1.jpg m2.jpg m3.jpg m4.jpg m5.jpg

fdew

Jul 12, 2007
I don't recognize it but I like it. I see that the behind the dial gears are gone, do you have them? It looks like it is weight driven. If you actuate the armature above the coil by hand, does that lift the little weight? I suspect it dose. When the weight is down, then what? are there a set of contacts some where that close when it runs down.. Looking at your second picture, there appears to be a post on the right that is isolated from the frame. This could be one half of a "wind" contact.

jkfabulos

NAWCC Member
Aug 21, 2001
I have all the motion works gearing.
I have restored hundreds of battery electric clocks of all types and understand the various methods used to make them function.
This one is a mystery and even though it appears to have all the necessary wiring there is no means to kick the weight up to
provide the motive power. Perhaps someone had it apart previously and there are parts missing.

Know Your NAWCC Forums Rules!
RULES & GUIDELINES

Find member

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michael.winstock@btintern
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Aurora's 15 Ruby Jewel Movements by Greg Frauenhoff

514 Poplar Street
Columbia, PA 17512

Phone: 717-684-8261

Contact the Webmaster for perceived copyright infringement (DMCA Registration Number 1010287).

Copyright © National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors Inc (A 501c3 non-profit corporation). All Rights Reserved.

The NAWCC is dedicated to providing association services, promoting interest in and encouraging the collecting of clocks and watches including disseminating knowledge of the same.