More stuff

Discussion in 'Member News and Views' started by dweiss17, Oct 8, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. dweiss17

dweiss17 Registered User
    Old Timer NAWCC Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Retired from Graphic Arts
    Philadelphia, PA
    Country Flag:
    MORE FROM THE PAST

As the instigator or call it Founder of the Member News and Views…it appears to me the Forum has been overwhelmingly successful. In the past four years we have spoken about everything from “A to Z.” You do not tamper with a Forum that has been exceedingly successful. Before this forum was adopted, we had no place to express our thoughts other than those of a horologic nature. Today, it carries over 400 threads, 2785 postings, with well over 200,000 hits.

To my way of thinking…it is successful
    However, sometimes change is good…a non-member of the NAWCC could not post his/her thoughts on this forum. Perhaps, the “powers that be” could remove that restriction as a test. I am for any change that will involve non-members to be allowed to post their thoughts as long as civility is attained. We need to be open to any change that will enable other than NAWCC members to express their thoughts and make this Forum even more successful than it has been since it was installed October 26, 2010.

Just remove “Member” make it read…News and Views…open to all who may wish to post whatever is on their mind…we must exclude politics, bad language and anything that belittles anyone.

2. shutterbug

shutterbug Moderator
    NAWCC Member

Oct 19, 2005
    Male
    Self employed interpreter/clock repairer
    Iowa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Dan, I checked with the admin/mod team and found that his forum is open to the public. All can post here. :thumb:

3. Tom McIntyre

Tom McIntyre Technical Admin
    Staff Member NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Ruby Member Sponsor

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    retired SW dev
    Boston
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    This Message Board is open to the public, so members include those who and are not members of the NAWCC. At one time we considered keeping it a "member benefit" for NAWCC members only but quickly changed our minds.