MORE REPEATER Q'S

Discussion in 'European & Other Pocket Watches' started by justin time, Nov 30, 2007.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. justin time

justin time Registered User

Mar 24, 2007
    It appears I need a hold down screw for the winding rack( hole #3 in the photo). I actually removed the screw that was there, and relocated it to #2 position.

The reason for doing this is that when pushing the repeater , I noticed the hour snail winding rack arm,( yellow A in the photo), would slip over the top of the hour snail, (yellow B in the photo), and strike 12 every time. It appeared that the missing hold down screw at the #2 position allowed the winding rack to rise ever so slightly from the torque, and pass over the top of the hour snail.

Relocating the screw from the #3 and putting it in the #2 position has solved that problem. I do not see any side effects of there not being a screw at the #3 location now, but I'd rather put a screw there and not worry about it.

The screw seems specific. It has a large head, and the threaded shaft is off center to allow the head to locate over the edge of the winding rack. Is there a good source for screws/ Is this movement familiar to anyone? Thanks

67.jpg