Mora Clock Alarm Crown Wheel

Mick Martel

Apr 19, 2018
Hot Springs Arkansas
Country
Hello,. I have a Mora/Kock family Swedish clock with alarm and have a question about the alarm crown wheel. A photo is attached. There are three holes on the base of the crown wheel. It looks like something is missing like a click spring? The alarm hammer free wheels and has no rest position the way it is now. Does anyone have any ideas of what should be there? If anyone has a photo of one it would be very helpful. I've searched the internet but cannot find a clear closeup photo. Thank for your help.

Left View With Alarm.jpg

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
I don't think anything is missing. The click will be on the winding arbor. The part shown just lifts and drops the hammer.

Mick Martel

Apr 19, 2018
Hot Springs Arkansas
Country
I don't think anything is missing. The click will be on the winding arbor. The part shown just lifts and drops the hammer.
I know there is a click on the winding arbor and this crown wheel controls the alarm hammer. It just seems strange the hammer essentially floats without something to hold it in a rest position.

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
There could have been a return spring on the hammer. Someone will know for sure.

Uhralt

NAWCC Member
Sep 4, 2008
Country
Region
I'm not very familiar with these clocks but, based on other clocks with this kind of alarm, I think that the alarm hammer should move inside the bell. The bell itself limits the travel of the hammer.

Uhralt

Ralph

NAWCC Member
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2002
Country
I suspect the arm to the right of the crown wheel, operated by an alarm disk will move into the crown wheel to interfere with it being released until the proper time.

Ralph

Simon Holt

NAWCC Member
Mar 21, 2017
Shaftesbury, UK
Country
Region
Sorry - posted a reply in the wrong thread.

Simon

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caddafee
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Rockford's early high grade movements by Greg Frauenhoff