Moinet's "Treatise"

towrope

Jun 6, 2002
Does anyone know if Moinet's "Treatise" was ever translated into English? The only copies I have ever found are in French. Not speaking the language would make it very tough to read.
Since apparently a great deal of his material came from Breguet's notes I would think that this would be a very interesting book. I don't think Breguet's notes were ever published otherwise.

towrope

Jun 6, 2002
Does anyone know if Moinet's "Treatise" was ever translated into English? The only copies I have ever found are in French. Not speaking the language would make it very tough to read.
Since apparently a great deal of his material came from Breguet's notes I would think that this would be a very interesting book. I don't think Breguet's notes were ever published otherwise.

Richard Watkins

NAWCC Fellow
NAWCC Member
May 2, 2004
Tasmania
www.watkinsr.id.au
No, it hasn't been translated - a nice little project for someone?

I have only skimmed through my copy, but as far as I can see there is nothing suggesting any of it was derived from Breguet. I am not sure if the Breguet connection is largely myth or has some basis in fact. It seems Moinet had some of Breguet's notes, but never used them.

Really what is needed is for some-one at Breguet to go through the manuscripts they have and do something with them.

Richard Watkins

Know Your NAWCC Forums Rules!
RULES & GUIDELINES

Find member

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johntw
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
How to wire a 24 volt secondary for a 12 volt ITR/IBM Master clock system by Toughtool