mission grandfather maker

Discussion in 'General Clock Discussions' started by john 05, Sep 10, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. john 05

john 05 Registered User
    NAWCC Member

May 30, 2013
    Hello

I have a mission grandfather clock with no maker marks. Here are some pictures of the clock. Maybe someone cam tell me the maker and year area.
    Thanks John

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Steven Thornberry

Steven Thornberry User Administrator
    NAWCC Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Country Flag:
    The movement is by the New Haven Clock Co. That said, I did not find this clock in Tran Duy Ly's book on New Haven clocks (arlingtonbooks.com). That might be because Tran did not come across this clock in the references available to him, or because New Haven simply provided the movement, etc., while the case was manufactured by someone else. I couldn't do better on a date than ca. 1910. The movement is like one shown in Tran's book from New Haven's Hall Clock No. 1 (not a mission style), which is dated ca. 1915.

3. Willie X

Willie X Registered User

Feb 9, 2008
    I've seen quite a few of these movements but never the extra long tubular (?) hammer arm. I would guess this is an original added feature or a repair. Probably the former as it seems to fit a matching hole in the hammer.

A very nice clock, way upscale for a mission clock, but after a close look, that's what I would call it too.

Willie X

4. john 05

john 05 Registered User
    NAWCC Member

May 30, 2013
    Thanks for the replies, I did find other movements the same as this one but they had a new haven name on it, also the leaded glass I have seems not easy to find on others. Thanks John