Ingraham Missing calendar part

Discussion in 'General Clock Discussions' started by Ajay, Nov 3, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Ajay

Ajay Registered User

Aug 17, 2009
    Pharmaceutical Sales Executive
    India
    Country Flag:
    Hi All
    I happened to see this clock with a dealer.. Please help me with its model name and approximate year of manufacturing.It is in good working condition, but missing the bottom calendar movement ! Is it possible to get the calendar movement ? PHOTO-2019-10-30-22-48-24 (1).jpg PHOTO-2019-10-30-22-48-24.jpg PHOTO-2019-10-30-22-48-58.jpg PHOTO-2019-10-30-22-48-44.jpg

2. Steven Thornberry

Steven Thornberry User Administrator
    NAWCC Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Male
    Ne’er do well
    Here and there
    Country Flag:
    Your clock is Ingraham's Ionic Calendar. Tran Duy Ly's book on Ingraham clocks and his book on calendar clocks both show it from the 1886 catalogue. However, it seems to have been offered between 1877 and 1896. From the company name on yours, E. Ingraham Co., your clock would not have been made before 1884, the year the company changed its name to The E. Ingraham Co.

Ingraham used B.B. Lewis's calendar movement in this clock, and I suspecr it will be quite difficult to find one. There might be one on eBay, I suppose. You also will need the dial and calendar hands, if you don't have them already.

Ionic Calendar.JPG

3. Chris Radano

Chris Radano Registered User

Feb 18, 2004
    Male
    Pennsylvania
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    #3 Chris Radano, Nov 3, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
    If you just put a piece of round glass in the bottom, and paint black and gold around the edge of the glass, you could make it a "Reflector" model. You can probably do an image search for "Ingraham Reflector" to see one. Only thing is, not sure if the pendulum bob would be centered on the bottom glass. Maybe the Reflector had the bob the same height?

Only thing about the Reflector, it has a larger, more decorative pendulum.

4. Steven Thornberry

Steven Thornberry User Administrator
    NAWCC Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Male
    Ne’er do well
    Here and there
    Country Flag:
    Here's a Reflector, although a previous owner mucked up the black and gold around the glass, probably by cleaning the back of the glass a bit too vigorously. Traces are still there. Of course making the OP's clock a Reflector leaves the day of the week "sub-dial" bit of wonder.

Reflector.jpg

5. jkfabulos

jkfabulos Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Aug 21, 2001
    If you do a search for "calendar dial" on Ebay you will find what i think is the correct dial and movement.
    Be sure to look closely and ask questions.
    I have no interest in the item or connection to the seller.

6. Ajay

Ajay Registered User

Aug 17, 2009
    India
    Country Flag:
    Thank you so much Steven, Yes the hands and calendar dial is also missing !!

7. Ajay

Ajay Registered User

Aug 17, 2009
    India
    Country Flag:
    Thanks Chris

8. Ajay

Ajay Registered User

Aug 17, 2009
    India