Mimo Loga, slide ruler wrist watch (1941)

Discussion in 'Wrist Watches' started by michael-35, Apr 26, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. For the new NAWCC home page
    Click this image at the upper left corner of this page.
  1. michael-35

michael-35 Registered User

May 4, 2016
    Country Flag:
    Hello everyone. I'm trying to collect few informations about the Mimo Loga which was the first wristwatch to has a slide ruler as the Breitling Chronomat in 1941.

Except the basic history, alike the patent n. 216202 deposited by Graef & Co in 1940 a month before that one used by Breitling, I can't read nothing about the caliber used on such watch. Neither if it was in a stainless steel case or metal based.

The unique information on my questions is from this magazine (https://www.watchtime.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/WT_Spotlight_Girard-Perregaux_fin.pdf) and attached below. My intention is to double check the truth because on this article are described the famous Girard Perregaux as the first mass produced wristwatch, which story is still debated and the Mimo-Rex which this is the only image I have ever seen of this rare wristwatch. Ah, yes, also the Loga illustrated is signed Girard Perregaux which I've read about but never seen one.

Schermata 2019-04-26 alle 15.15.43.png

2. Adam Harris

Adam Harris Registered User
    Moore NWCM Award

May 3, 2012
    Male
    Jubilado (retired)
    Costa Blanca - Spain
    Country Flag:
    I can confirm that the Girard Perregaux myth is exactly that a myth and a lie.

There is NOT one shred of evidence to substantiate it - indeed Girard Perregaux in their own book on their history ask if anyone could help substantiate this ridiculous myth!