Micro rotor movements

Discussion in 'Wrist Watches' started by John Arrowood, Feb 21, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. John Arrowood

John Arrowood Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Dec 14, 2001
    I have been looking at wrist watches with the various micro rotor automatic movements and have examples from Bulova, Buren and Hamilton. I recently saw an Elgin advertised as having a micro rotor too but there is no picture of the movement. Did Elgin produce any wrist watches using a micro rotor movement? I have been checking Ebay off and on for a few years and have never seen an Elgin. I know that Universal Geneve and other high end companies did produce watches with such movements.

2. richiec

richiec Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Male
    automotive warranty inspector
    Brick, Ocean, NJ
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I would guess a late Elgin with a Swiss movement in it, not a real Elgin.

3. pmwas

pmwas Registered User

Dec 12, 2010
    Sosnowiec, Poland
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Yup, the real Elgin made bumper automatics, flat (but not microrotor, just flat) 760/761 series and for a time they also used thick, Swiss movements as well. But not microrotor...

4. John Arrowood

John Arrowood Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Dec 14, 2001
    Thanks for the replies. I thought the description of the watch is incorrect. There was no movement picture in the listing and I have been looking at micro rotor movements for a few years and have found plenty of Ebay from other companies but nary an Elgin,

5. artbissell

artbissell Registered User
    NAWCC Member Sponsor

Dec 4, 2009
    1979 startup ABCO Industrial Sales
    Boulder, CO Foothills
    Region Flag:
    I like the Universal Geneve from about 1960. Renewed old posting separately here. art B.