• We are aware of the performance issues with the forum. These are due to problems with Comcast's shared lines in the Columbia, PA area. On December 15, we signed a contract to bring a dedicated fiber line to the forum servers. It should take somewhere between 30 and 90 days to install. Thank you for your patience.

Mechanical WW Mickey Mouse WW Crystal

Bruce Aldo

Dec 13, 2002
Hello,

Would anyone know where I might find a new crystal for an original 1947 Mickey Mouse watch? (1947 from picture in Cooksey). The movement is more or less a small rectangular pin pallet dollar watch type that shouldn't be a problem but finding a crystal might be. Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Bruce

derbymike

Mar 4, 2011
colorado
Country
Region
I have a bunch of acrylic crystals that I'm catagorizing.I have seen some packets labeled Ingersol,whom I believe made the early Mickeys.If you can't find a crystal for your watch,you can e-mail me with any info you can. Such as the shape and size.If I find 1 I will be happy to give it to you. But it will take me a little time.
Mike H

Bruce Aldo

Dec 13, 2002
Thanks for the encouraging reply. The watch belongs to an older gal where my wife keeps her horses, she has had it since her childhood and I am sure it would make her day if I could restore it for her.

It is tonneau shaped and the crystal is 25.5mm long, 20mm at the widest part in the center and 15mm wide at the top and bottom. The crystal appears to have a flange around the perimeter and looks like it is put in from the inside. The dial has Ingersoll above Mickey and the case back has 'US Time' on it.

I don't know how to park pictures on the web to have a URL so I could include them in this reply but if you send me your email address I'll get them to you. Thanks again,

Bruce
service(at)mywatchworks.com

derbymike

Mar 4, 2011
colorado
Country
Region
Good morning Bruce, Mike here,
I looked thru 600 crystals last night and this morning and I do not have the 1 you need.
I think the GS # is T 1193.
I'm a hobbyist,not a professional so I may be mistaken about the #.
Best of luck,
Mike H

derbymike

Mar 4, 2011
colorado
Country
Region
Hey Bruce, I remember seeing an Ingersol watch in a collectible store.
I can go there and measure the crystal. If it looks like it will fit, how much should I pay for it ?
They would probably take 20 dollars, but I would have to try.
Maybe you can trade watch repair for hay !
Mike H

Brian C.

Jun 9, 2001
NH
Country
Mike, I have an empty GS envelope with a picture of the crystal on it. The number is, TF 1193. The size reads, 25.8 X 20.0

Bruce Aldo

Dec 13, 2002
Hello Mike and Brian,

Thank you Mike for all your efforts and also your offer to buy a parts watch for me. Now that we know what seems to be the right GS number, I think I would rather try finding a new one first. If I don’t have any luck I will humbly come back to you.

And Brian, thanks to you for confirming what we think is the right number.

I don’t often post but like to read various sections of this board and I am so often reminded what a great group of people are here. Nice place and an invaluable resource

Bruce

jimtone

Dec 28, 2011
Is there a company that's reproducing the 30's Ingersoll crystals, or is it only NOS? I have a 1939 MM tank with 5 rolls on the sides of the case and the paper face with all black eyes and the blued second hand that needs one.

richiec

NAWCC Member
Feb 24, 2007
Brick, Ocean, NJ
Country
Region
Bruce, does your crystal look anything like these two?
-> posts merged by system <-
the one on the left is a GS T1193, the one on the right is a TF1193, I have both. 112419.jpg 112420.jpg

jimtone

Dec 28, 2011
Is the GS t-1193 the crystal without the lip around the edges? Do you also believe GS is still in business and producing these crystals?

4thdimension

NAWCC Member
Oct 18, 2001
Country
Region
A few years ago G-S had a notice in the back of their catalog that said they could remake their old crystals (still had the molds). There was a picture of three odd crystals including...that same Mickey crystal. About 20 years ago a company in L.A. remanufactured these crystals. I bought 12 and they were quickly gone. I once even resorted to making my own using an old shrunk original as a mold with my Mattel Vac-u-form toy. These days I refurbish old ones by sanding and buffing them. Hey, it keeps me off the streets. -Cort

Firegriff

Feb 22, 2013
Country
I was looking through my GS catalog No. 100 and found :CMY314-15 for Ingersol that is 23.2x21.0 or 24.6x21.9 that also has a flange. And yes they are still in Business The Nice lady on the phone sent me all the info on the crystals i was looking for by e-mail.

4thdimension

NAWCC Member
Oct 18, 2001
Country
Region
I'm very happy to hear that! It would be great if that old Mickey crystal was reissued.-Cort

jimtone

Dec 28, 2011
I'm confused at how to make the measurements for the crystal? I know the 1193 is the crystal for my 1946 Ingersoll mickey mouse but I have a few 5 roll cases on 1938/40 MM models that I can't find any info on?

Firegriff

Feb 22, 2013
Country
Start a new thread on just this subject there are a lot of members that have old crystal catalogs in my post above"I was looking through my GS catalog No. 100 and found :CMY314-15 for Ingersol that is 23.2x21.0 or 24.6x21.9 that also has a flange. And yes they are still in Business The Nice lady on the phone sent me all the info on the crystals i was looking for by e-mail." their web site is http://www.gssupplies.com/plastic_watch.html give them a call they should be able to get you a crystal ot tell you who can sell you one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
john77550
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller