Chronometry: Metoro Watch Company

Arnold Theisen

Jun 9, 2011
Oregon
Country
Region
I recently came across an old ugly Metoro chronometer, 15 Jewel, 3 adjustments. In spite of decades of accumulated gunk, missing crown and stem, and missing outer case, this old relic still runs when wound lightly by the ratchet wheel. I can't find any info about this watch. Anyone know anything about Metoro and their reputation in the watch world? Any help appreciated.

Luis Casillas

Oct 16, 2012
San Francisco Bay Area
Country
Region
I recently came across an old ugly Metoro chronometer, 15 Jewel, 3 adjustments. In spite of decades of accumulated gunk, missing crown and stem, and missing outer case, this old relic still runs when wound lightly by the ratchet wheel. I can't find any info about this watch. Anyone know anything about Metoro and their reputation in the watch world? Any help appreciated.
I suspect that in spite of the word "chronometer" in the name, this is a conventional mechanical watch, and thus the query belongs in one of the other subforums. I'm happy to move it over, but I need to know whether it's a wristwatch or pocket watch to know where to send it to.

Also, people will want to see photos.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrydodge
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller