Chronometry: Metoro Watch Company

Discussion in 'Chronometers' started by Arnold Theisen, May 14, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. NAWCC Login Function is Not Working. If you know your username and password for the Message Board, you can log in using the small login link at the upper right.
  1. Arnold Theisen

Arnold Theisen New Member

Jun 9, 2011
    I recently came across an old ugly Metoro chronometer, 15 Jewel, 3 adjustments. In spite of decades of accumulated gunk, missing crown and stem, and missing outer case, this old relic still runs when wound lightly by the ratchet wheel. I can't find any info about this watch. Anyone know anything about Metoro and their reputation in the watch world? Any help appreciated.

2. Luis Casillas

Luis Casillas Super Moderator

Oct 16, 2012
    #2 Luis Casillas, May 16, 2016
    Last edited: May 16, 2016
    I suspect that in spite of the word "chronometer" in the name, this is a conventional mechanical watch, and thus the query belongs in one of the other subforums. I'm happy to move it over, but I need to know whether it's a wristwatch or pocket watch to know where to send it to.

Also, people will want to see photos.