METAL DETECTING FIND POCKET WATCH HELP PLEASE?

Discussion in 'European & Other Pocket Watches' started by daniel, Nov 30, 2007.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. daniel

daniel Registered User

Jul 27, 2007
    Hi all i recently found this whilst i ws metal detecting, and just wondered if any one could help me out? It had blue hands but unfortunatley they have snapped off all that is left is a small piece, it is stamped swiss on the inside and also stamped 477 on the inside back cover and 477 on the inside rim. Im sorry the pictures are not te great but it has a small floral design on that face, and it is 1 inch by 1 inch the clock face size. It is also a wind up mechanism but unfortunately it dosen't work. Any help or suggestion be appriciated. Thanks

2. daniel

daniel Registered User

Jul 27, 2007
    Hi all i recently found this whilst i ws metal detecting, and just wondered if any one could help me out? It had blue hands but unfortunatley they have snapped off all that is left is a small piece, it is stamped swiss on the inside and also stamped 477 on the inside back cover and 477 on the inside rim. Im sorry the pictures are not te great but it has a small floral design on that face, and it is 1 inch by 1 inch the clock face size. It is also a wind up mechanism but unfortunately it dosen't work. Any help or suggestion be appriciated. Thanks

Attached Files:

3. daniel

daniel Registered User

Jul 27, 2007
    Im sorry for the quality of the pictures. Please any help regarding this find would be really appriciated.

4. Jerry Matthews

Jerry Matthews Registered User

Sep 20, 2005
    Retired
    Sussex, England
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hi Daniel - There is not a lot to be said about this watch. It is Swiss made as you know, it was a lady's watch (based on the size and floral dial). It was probably made in the first quarter of the 20th century. From what I can see in the pictures I suspect it is beyond repair and therefore not a very valuable find. Hope this is useful information, and I am sorry to be a bit negative.

Jerry

5. kirxklox

kirxklox Registered User
    Deceased

Dec 17, 2002
    Dardanell, AR
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I would like to see a better image of the Movement!