"Merrill Brown" Pocket Watch (Fairfield / Bridgeport, CT)

Discussion in 'Lost or Stolen Horological Items' started by PTFoote, Jul 9, 2012.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. NAWCC Login Function is Not Working. If you know your username and password for the Message Board, you can log in using the small login link at the upper right.
  1. PTFoote

PTFoote Registered User

Jul 4, 2012
    #1 PTFoote, Jul 9, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
    I am trying to recover a pocket watch that was stolen from my home in Fairfield, Connecticut, and sold through a secondhand store in nearby Bridgeport, possibly on Craigslist.

The name of the original owner, MERRILL BROWN, is engraved on the inside of the case along with a testimony of the recipient's service running a camp, possibly for First World War troops. The watch appears to have been made of brass, hence its value is largely sentimental - the original owner was my grandfather's uncle and namesake. I am absolutely heartbroken about this loss.

I wish that I had paid attention to such things as the manufacturer, serial number, and jewels of the pocket watch, but I am not a collector. I tried to avoid handling it too much for fear of dropping and breaking it.

The pocket watch was last seen last Labor Day, but I believe it was taken some time between December and March. If you bought any pocket watches from the Bridgeport, CT, area since then, could you please check your collection?

I am offering a generous reward for the watch's safe return. I accept emails from other message board members.

Thank you,

Thomas Foote

P.S. This is a double post of an item originally entered in the American Pocket Watch category made at the suggestion of one of the moderators, Jim Haney. Hopefully, the buyer of my pocket watch will see one or the other of these threads and respond.