• The NAWCC Museum and Library & Research Center will reopen starting Wednesday, January 6, 2021 as per Governor Wolf's reopening mandate.

$ McClintock/Loomis Bank Alarm Clock

mobrau

Aug 10, 2012
clock.jpg This bank clock originally came from a bank in Green Isle, Minnesota, USA. The door is brass, the sides are steel and the backboard is marble. The movement looks intact and the wind box is there. The clock is not working and has been in storage. Is this clock worth restoring? Is there value in the parts? Inofrmation or direction of any kind would be helpful. Thanks!

sderek

Jan 8, 2009
USA
Country
Region
I'm not even a clock collector, but I can tell you that this clock has value. Please be sure to keep it intact and sell it as a complete non-working clock if you decide to sell it instead of getting it restored!

Tom McIntyre

Technical Admin
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Ruby Member
Donor
Aug 24, 2000
Boston
awco.org
Country
Region
Eventually a clock expert will show up in this discussion. I agree that the clock is very desirable, but I have no idea of the value.

There is an active member here using the screen name Mcclintock-Loomis. Maybe he will offer an opinion.

MCCLINTOCK-LOOMIS

NAWCC Member
Jun 15, 2009
wa
Country
Region
Tom,thanks for the note , Mobrau Your clock is a bit odd as it has some of the features of the early (pre 1918) master clocks. the upper movement does it have any glass mercury rings? on the pre 1918 master clocks it had two one to impulse the outside clock slave movements and the other to activate the mid movement which is used to impulse the outside chimes for the hour count. there would normally be a lower movement to chime on the qtr. hour but I don't see it on yours. See attached photo's. The case is very odd too and I have never seen one quite like it most of the earliest cases were oak although other woods may have been used. I personally don't see the case you have as a plus as it isn't much to look at and other than the marble back board looks like a cost saving measure so unless you can find a local buyer for it complete it would be in my humble opinion a tough sell when shipping is involved. I have seen a couple of the early master clocks with the three movements oak cased, complete and in good overall condition sell through Harris Auctions and Ebay in the $350.00 to $450.00 range that I thought went cheap but there seems to be little interest in these units unless they are a show piece with stained glass front and beveled glass sides then they seem to sell in the $1,000.00 to $1,500.00 range. More detailed pictures of your clock would help in identifying it's particular use and determining a value if possible. I guess it's whatever someone is willing to pay,but for me I just see parts.
regards
George

fhjkghk.PNG fjmfhjk.PNG hjfhjkfhje.PNG

Reactions: sparkshome2001

mobrau

Aug 10, 2012
DSCN1341.JPG DSCN1339.JPG DSCN1342.JPG I've added some photos to help identify my clock. The serial # on the door is 1099. Hopefully the attached photos will help. Where would I normally post this to sell? If I just sell it for parts, how would that work? I really have no interest in keeping this clock as the marble makes it very heavy to move and we have no plan to refurbish it. I would just like it to go to someone that really could use the parts or likes restoring clocks. Thanks for all your help! Marie

MCCLINTOCK-LOOMIS

NAWCC Member
Jun 15, 2009
wa
Country
Region
Marie, Thanks for posting. other than the advance button missing mid way up on left side it looks complete. This clock is not for bank alarms but for running the outside wall clock.
Also I have sent you a private message.
thanks
George

Know Your NAWCC Forums Rules!
RULES & GUIDELINES

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nibsey
Encyclopedia Pages