Mason & sullivan grandmother clock Model 7170 colonial

Cookie Burns

Mar 5, 2021
Country
I have inherited a
mason & sullivan grandmother clock Model 7170 colonial which my father in law built. It is 58 miles from me & I wanted to know what the safest way to bring it home would be.

EscapeWheel

Mar 19, 2003
Country
Region
I think the best way would be to drive there and pick it up. You'd have to remove the weights and the pendulum - bring some towels or blankets to wrap them. I'm not familiar with that clock, but you might also want to mark which weights go where. I would secure the chains close to the movement so they can't go anywhere - maybe wire them. If the clock has a hood you could remove that as well.

A picture would help if you have one?

Cookie Burns

Mar 5, 2021
Country
I think the best way would be to drive there and pick it up. You'd have to remove the weights and the pendulum - bring some towels or blankets to wrap them. I'm not familiar with that clock, but you might also want to mark which weights go where. I would secure the chains close to the movement so they can't go anywhere - maybe wire them. If the clock has a hood you could remove that as well.

A picture would help if you have one?
I will take a picture next time I'm there. Just wondered if I can lay it down. The book is in the clock ( yeah, that helps when it's 60 miles away ) so there may be info there. I have a Suburban, but if I need to keep it up right I will rent a truck. Thanks for your quick response

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DAC21
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-