Marv-L clock mainspring winder

Luca

Jan 19, 2004
I came into one of these Marv-L winders - I think Model B. If i read it right. Are these good winders? Hard to find? The little info I can find suggests these were made by a collector awhile back. Info would be great.

RJSoftware

Apr 15, 2005
Loxahatchee, Florida
Country
Region
I was looking online google and see plenty examples. Same basic design as many. If you have the capture sleeves you can do the barrel types though I dont like the looks of just a hook to hold barrel. Not really sure its meant for anything but open spring come to think of it. Take a look at the Joe Collins winder link at main page of clock repair. That how a mainspring winder should be.

lpbp

NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Life Member
NAWCC Member
Aug 25, 2000
Country
Region
This is the first type of winder that I owned I bought it from the guy who made them, I think he lived in the Northwest, maybe Oregon. Used it for a few years it was a lot of trouble attaching the arbors to the crank end, had to be done with allen screws, and it does open end and barrel. Finally after looking at the Collins bought a Ollie Baker type, wished I had started there, and I have tried many others.

Know Your NAWCC Forums Rules!
RULES & GUIDELINES

Find member

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joeman77
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
How to wire a 24 volt secondary for a 12 volt ITR/IBM Master clock system by Toughtool