Marshall David Neal, "Tower Clock Man"

Discussion in 'Tower, Monumental & Street Clocks' started by Spaceman Spiff, Mar 30, 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Registered User

Jun 19, 2006
    Male
    Semi-retired - with a degree in Creative Writing
    St. Petersburg, Florida
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hi, all.

This is a bit off-topic, but I ran across this obituary today at random, for a Marshall David Neal, aka "Tower Clock Man":

http://www.centralkynews.com/theinteriorjournal/obituaries/marshall-david-neal-tower-clock-man/article_e34da238-b4f5-11e3-9bef-001a4bcf6878.html

(If that link doesn't work, here's another link where I've posted the information from the obit):

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=127151985

I know nothing further about the gentleman, or why he was called "Tower Clock Man." I just thought I'd post it here on the off-chance that someone in this forum might know of him, or whether there is/are a certain tower clock/clocks that he was responsible for.

Thanks,
    John

2. atn5995

atn5995 New Member

May 12, 2020
    Female
    Country Flag:
    Hello. David Neal is my father. He was known in Kentucky as the clock man. He restored, honestly I am not sure how many, courthouse clocks. His first one was the Lincoln County courthouse clock in Stanford KYHe brought them back to their "glory days" he would say. He also restored the tower clock in St Thomas, Virgin Islands and many more. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

3. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Registered User

Jun 19, 2006
    Male
    Semi-retired - with a degree in Creative Writing
    St. Petersburg, Florida
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Very interesting!
    Thanks for the post!
    And--small world--Lincoln County, KY is where my maternal grandfather is from! (Primarily Crab Orchard & Waynesburg area). I have TONS of cousins there. Anyone named Harris, Frazier, Oaks, Salyers, and perhaps Denney & Kidd is more than likely a distant cousin of mine.
    Thanks again for the follow-up!
    John

4. Al Dodson

Al Dodson Registered User
    NAWCC Fellow NAWCC Brass Member

Aug 22, 2019
    Columbia, PA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I was in Lexington and knew of your father but never met him. I thought he was younger then me. I’m sixty five this year. My Mother lived in Somerset. I used to take 39 from from Lancaster down through Crab Orchard and Yosemite if I remember correctly. Are you continuing your fathers work or what brings you here. Welcome