Chronometry: Marine Ulysse Nardin 6864 parts...

Kinpol

Aug 31, 2010
Poland
Country
Dear collegues, I'm just looking for the parts for my UN 6864 marine chronometer. I bought it many years ago, and only one thing I know is that it was from the Polish Navy. The problem is that someone seriously damaged the escapement trying to repair the clock. To restore my UN I look for the detent spring with stone, impulse roller with stone and the locking roller with stone.
I heared that Hamilton 21 is the UN "clone" but I'm not sure if this parts from Hamilton will fit the UN...
Please be so kind and let me know if I can buy these parts from Hamilton, because it is possible.

DSCN8497.JPG DSCN8498.JPG DSCN8500.JPG DSCN8503.JPG

Perhaps someone has these parts from UN, which I could buy. I have the detent from the smaller one if someone needs.
Best regards for everyone;)

DeweyC

NAWCC Member
Feb 5, 2007
Baltimore
www.historictimekeepers.com
Country
The m21 was designed from, but is not a clone of the Nardin. The wheel counts are different and the Hamilton detent is quite a bit longer. The hole jewels and locking jewel can work, but the staff and rollers (impulse roller is broken in yours) are different. Hamilton changed the escapement geometry.

You are really on your luck finding those parts. The staff and roller can be made without trouble, but double spring detents are not easy to make (I never have anyway).. A standard English detent is expensive and a Nardin detent would take some experimenting to get right. The Hamilton and Nardin Escape Wheel and pinion also have different counts so they are not interchangeable either.

Beat of luck; I know of no one who has a stock of Nardin parts; not even Nardin.

The WWII Seiko IS an exact copy, but given the importance of that chronometer, I think those are out of the question.

Kinpol

Aug 31, 2010
Poland
Country
Ready...:excited:, but not finished...
It works, the parts on the third picture are newly made... by me:rolleyes:
On the fourth picture, the condition before... It is great pleasure to give the new life for such nice clock...

303311.jpg 303312.jpg 303313.jpg 303314.jpg

Attachments

Tom McIntyre

Technical Admin
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Ruby Member
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2000
Boston
awco.org
Country
Region
Great job. I especially like the detent and escape wheel.

Kinpol

Aug 31, 2010
Poland
Country
Thank you very much for the opinions. It has been working since the end of April and keeps good time...:excited:

Our 2021 National Meeting in Hampton Roads Virginia
Topic related ad experiment
Know Your NAWCC Forums Rules!
RULES & GUIDELINES

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iandb
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions