Manual or schematics for this clock?

Discussion in 'General Clock Discussions' started by Chrothulhu, Oct 22, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Chrothulhu

Chrothulhu New Member

Oct 22, 2019
    Male
    Country Flag:
    I am new to this. I have a Westclox SG-7 that says Greenwich on the back, and "to reset signal tilt backwards." I'm guessing it expects a radio signal to sync to.

Do these signals still exist? Where can I learn about them?

The clock acts peculiarly, and I suspect that might have to do with expecting the signal, but a circuit schematic or any other data would help me figure it out.

Please point me to where I can get some info on how this sort of clock should work. Thank you.

2. shutterbug

shutterbug Moderator
    NAWCC Member

Oct 19, 2005
    Male
    Self employed interpreter/clock repairer
    Iowa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Yes, there are still signals for Atomic clocks. You'll have to adjust for your time zone.

3. Willie X

Willie X Registered User

Feb 9, 2008
    You may be able to find operating instructions on line. Unfortunately, having a good battery and learning how to operate your clock is about all you can do.

Some locations have good reception of the correction signal and some don't. It's an RF carrier, so generally, higher with fewer obstructions between the clock and the transmitter is better. Sometimes a 90 degree rotation of the receiver/clock (as it sits) can make a big difference.

WIllie X

4. Uhralt

Uhralt Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Also, the signal is usually strongest at nighttime.

Uhralt