Clock Maimed J.C. Brown round gothic (beehive)

Discussion in 'Parts Wanted' started by Bill K, Sep 5, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Bill K

Bill K Registered User

Aug 4, 2019
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I am in need of a set of 8 day spring works for a J.C. Brown round Gothic (beehive) clock which suffered the sad fate of having Sessions kitchen clock works installed sometime in the past. The case, label and glasses are good but the dial has been re-drilled. Wouldn't mind finding an original dial too! Thanks to another, more knowledgeable, contributor to this message board I believe that the correct works should be the same as E.N. Welch used in similar sized clocks after they took control of the Forestville Manufacturing Co. in the late 1850's.
    J.C. Brown's works should be marked with either his name, Forestville Mfg. or both, usually under the center arbor. A photo of the Welch works can be seen in my thread of Saturday, August 31st in the "Your Newest Clock Acquisition" forum under the same heading as this thread. Now have two clocks to find works for, one was enough! Have not had any luck so far trying to locate a set of Smith and Goodrich fusee works, maybe these Brown works will be a little easier, hope springs eternal.....thank you to all who take the time to view this thread.

case cropped.jpg face cropped.jpg label cropped.jpg