Lyre pendulum rod

mausclock

Jun 22, 2007
Hi All,
I have a Hermle lyre pendulum and the threaded portion below the bob has broken off. Dropped apparently. Anyway, I've found sources for the bob and lyre decoration and top, but not just the threaded rod in the center. Does anyone know of a source for just the center rod threaded on the bottom?

Thanks

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
Look for "Rating Assemblies" in Timesavers and others. You should find one that will work for you.

Scottie-TX

Deceased
Apr 6, 2004
Mesquite, TX
Country
Region
Yeah; You may be doin' some ERSATZ creativity there if you're talking about that looooong steel rod like my Lyre has - nearly three feet long. You may hafta find one that'll make do and perhaps sleeve it to the existing rod. This'd all be behind - inside the bob, or course.

mausclock

Jun 22, 2007
Scottie you hit it on the head, except this one's brass. I thought about trying to find a coupling or some sort of jury rig to hide behind the bob like you said, but I'd like to exhaust trying to find the whole rod first.

Scottie-TX

Deceased
Apr 6, 2004
Mesquite, TX
Country
Region
Yain't gonna find that in any catalog. Best route for unspliced repair would be buying a piece of brass rod, cut to length, and thread. Maybe the easiest route to boot.

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
Yain't gonna find that in any catalog. Best route for unspliced repair would be buying a piece of brass rod, cut to length, and thread. Maybe the easiest route to boot.
That would be the way, and it wouldn't cost much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrydodge
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller