Lux hands

Discussion in 'Clock Repair' started by TonyR, Jul 16, 2005.

Tags:
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. TonyR

TonyR Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Mar 4, 2005
    Hi, guys,

Does anyone know of a source of reproduction hands for the Lux clocks? I need a set for the cat one with the swinging tail. Any ideas?

Regards,

TonyR.

2. TonyR

TonyR Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Mar 4, 2005
    Hi, guys,

Does anyone know of a source of reproduction hands for the Lux clocks? I need a set for the cat one with the swinging tail. Any ideas?

Regards,

TonyR.

3. RL

RL Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Mar 28, 2004
    Country Flag:
    TonyR,
    Timesavers used to carry the repro solid hands. They were made of aluminum and look ok but do not tighten on the arbor as well(minute hand). The Lux cat, however, takes open hands( on the end) that are somewhat more fragile and I do not know if there is a source for those. Keep in mind if you need the hour hand also--it has to be complete with gear. The hour hand on Lux pendulettes made of syroco wood slide through the hole from the back and then turn on the dial while the attached gear is on the backside of the wood face(dial). The movement then slides thru the above and then the minute hand is attached. It may turn out to be ,parts clocks are your only or best bet.

cheers------------------------Randy