• The Bulletins and Marts are again available online. The network connectivity problem has been fixed. Thank you all very much for your patience.

Louis Matile Locle. Repeater, Chronometer 14K

MJJ

Aug 9, 2018
Country
Here is another one I need information on- this is 14K. The case is numbered 77753, no number visible on the movement. It is a minute repeater and has the chronograph complication.
Would appreciate any information people may be able to share about this watch
Thank you!

37-1.jpg 37-2.jpg 37-3.jpg 37-4.jpg 37-5.jpg 37-6.jpg 37-7.jpg 37-8.jpg

Tom McIntyre

Technical Admin
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Ruby Member
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2000
Boston
awco.org
Country
Region
This looks like a very nice watch by a well known name. I am accustomed to seeing the signature Ls Matile, but the signature looks fine.

The repeating works are all under the dial and it is a nice slide repeat.

The only significant drawback is that it is quite dirty and needs cleaning if it is to be used. On a complicated watch that might be expensive.

By the way, if you are looking for value estimates on these we try to keep those discussions in the area of the Message Board at the bottom. Since some of us are pure intellectuals, you need to go to your preferences and select the check box to discuss values before you can post a question in the What is this WATCH worth? forum.

MJJ

Aug 9, 2018
Country
Got it, thanks for the info Tom. I should have phrased my question better- i am looking for information and/or resources where i might learn more about these watches and/or their value. I have found some great sources for US pocket watches, but the European watches have been more difficult to find information on thus far.

Tom McIntyre

Technical Admin
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Ruby Member
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2000
Boston
awco.org
Country
Region
The experts on the Swiss makers are mostly in Europe, they should be along soon.

eri231

Jan 13, 2012
torino italy
Country
Region
this minute repeater was made by Alfred Lugrin using a patent Ch782 released in 1889
regards enrico

Dr. Jon

NAWCC Member
Dec 14, 2001
New Hampshire
Country
Region
It is a very nice watch very well set up and finished. It is a very unusual movement, most repeaters are based on a LeCoultre movement. It is also unusual that it is in a 14 rather than 18k case but it is all legitimate. The case has a hallmark which is a reliable indicator that it is 14K gold.

The case has a lot of wear indicating this watch was in use a long time. There is a service mark on part of the case, that is what teh small hard scribed message is.

The watch was made for the US or English market.

Reactions: MJJ

dshumans

NAWCC Member
Sep 17, 2009
A very nice repeater of above standard quality, but not top quality. It should be able to perform reliable timekeeping and repeating to the minute. If it is not and you want to work on it yourself, I can probably provide advice on what to do and how to handle a watch like this.
Regards,
Doug

Reactions: MJJ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smartin
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-