• For those of you who were having issues connecting to the Forums, it turns out that our modem was not functioning properly. We have replaced it now and the connection to the Forums has been restored. Thank you for your patience.

Louis Grisel watch

Liene

Apr 3, 2015
Country
Hi,
I am Liene from Latvia and would love to know something more about this Louis Grisel watch, because my Dad got it from his mom, but she does not remember where did she got it our any other info about it.
Please let me help my Dad.
All I know that it is from gold, because it have gold proof numbers on it.
Serial number or something like this as well.

Maybe You can tell how old is this watch?
What do you think it is worth?
IMG_3568.jpg

MINI

Sep 26, 2012
Country
It would be more helpful if you included a good clear close up pic of the movement, case-back and the inside of the case back. Please note that we are not allowed to provide valuations here as part of the terms & conditions of this website. There is a 'pay-for' evaluation section here but they will also require the above photos i mentioned.

Cary Hurt

NAWCC Member
Dec 16, 2005
Country
Region
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Stylistically, this watch could be from the mid 1930s to the mid 1950s. It appears to be rose gold, which peaked in popularity around 1940, so that might be a good starting point to estimate an age.

Mikrolisk lists several references for Louis Grisel, with the mark on your dial being registered in 1893. Some of the references indicate that Grisel marketed watches in Russia and Eastern Europe, which may explain how it made it to Latvia.

Photos of the case markings and the movement may allow us to offer more precise information.

Liene

Apr 3, 2015
Country
Thank You a lot for Your answers. ;)
Here are more photos. Unfortunately I can not make better photos.

The number on back is 488080

Also maybe You can tell me the websites where I can found someone interested into this watch? Because in Latvia it is not so popular.
image1 (1).jpg image2 (1).jpg image3.jpg image4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willowind
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Bread Upon the Waters by Tom McIntyre