Chronometry: Louis chronograph valjoux 77

Discussion in 'Chronometers' started by Paul Carahan, Apr 26, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Paul Carahan

Paul Carahan Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Mar 21, 2017
    I am thinking it is a Valjoux 77 in this one but I am not sure, please help. Also, I have no info on LOUIS/Swiss chronographs and couldn't find much, please let me know if you guys have any.
    The case is 32mm x 38mm from lug end to lug end, 12.5mm thick and 17.5mm lugs; on the dial: LOUIS and under 6, SWISS; on the movement: LOUIS WATCH CO INC., SEVENTEEN 17 JEWELS, SWISS UNADJUSTED, FXW; inside the back cover: STEEL BACK SWISS, LOUIS WATCH CO INC, C48C4F; on the outside of the back case: FOND ACIER INOXIDABLE, 307955.
    Winds and keeps time perfectly, it has not been cleaned or worked on, as I found it in a watchmaker's estate. Please help me with more insight guys I need it. The pushers are stuck, do not work, needs a good cleaning...

2. captainscarlet

captainscarlet Registered User

Oct 15, 2013
    British Army RTD
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    This one has a "Venus" movement in it, perhaps a cal 170, with some parts missing. The Venus logo (star) is on the balance bridge.

3. Paul Carahan

NAWCC Member

Mar 21, 2017
    thanks a lot captainscarlet, what do you think is missing? the pushers are stuck and the chrono does not function at all

4. Paul Carahan

NAWCC Member

Mar 21, 2017
    do you know anything about "LOUIS" maker?

5. River rat

River rat Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Apr 4, 2009