• The online Bulletins and Mart and Highlights are currently unavailable due to a failure of a network piece of equipment. We are working to replace it and have the Online publications available as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Loud click at 5 min to the hour in Regula 1 day movement

TopFuel123

Sep 27, 2012
Euclid Ohio
Country
Region
I have never run into this before. At 5 min. to the hour when the movement sets for the cuckoo it clicks pretty loud, what the heck is clicking? Thanks for any ideas in advance, T.K.

TopFuel123

Sep 27, 2012
Euclid Ohio
Country
Region
wouldn't that cause it to not work? it is working perfectly, it just clicks very loud. Do you mean that sound is the rack dropping? If not how do I correct it? I'm lost I guess.

Mike Phelan

Dec 17, 2003
West Yorkshire, England
Country
Region
Does sound like the rack dropping. Does it seem more as it nears 12:00 and less at 1:00? Have you just got the clock?

Probably nothing you can do about it, then. Quite normal.

Altashot

Oct 12, 2017
Country
Does it have a music box?
Maybe it is hard to unlock and produce that sound?

M.

RJSoftware

Apr 15, 2005
Loxahatchee, Florida
Country
Region
Too strong of helper spring on rack lever.

Too much lift from lever that activates strike, causes bind that finally snaps release.

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
Like Mike said, if it's loud at 12:00 and soft at 1:00, it's the rack falling. If there is no difference, it's something else. If it's the rack, just live with it. It needs to fall in order to work.

TopFuel123

Sep 27, 2012
Euclid Ohio
Country
Region
Sorry guys, got lost for a while. It was the rack spring and it was my fault. It seemed a little weak when I cleaned and did the maintenance on it so I bent it down a little too far. I had to take it out and bend it back just a tiny bit and it is fine now. Lesson learned. I would have caught the music trip lever being to hard to trip though because I have learned that lesson before by being here with the help on this site. Thank you everyone for your help as always. T.K.
P.S. It was not really that strong, I think the reason it was so loud had something to do with the wood in this cuckoo or the unusual back door wood, something was weird about it, sound projection? just guessing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndavidcham
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-