Lost towns of the Quabbin in Massachusetts

Discussion in 'Tower, Monumental & Street Clocks' started by bptanguay, Oct 20, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. bptanguay

bptanguay Registered User

Apr 5, 2012
    Watchmaker
    Massachusetts
    Country Flag:
    Does anyone have info on the clock once housed in the Enfield Congregational Church. Built in 1786 and scheduled for demolition in 1936 to make way for the Quabbin reservoir. The church was destroyed by fire just before the demolition date. I am curious if the clock was still in it.
    I couldn't find any records of an install through the records of Howard, Seth Thomas, or the clockmakers in the area at the time.

2. Dick C

Dick C Registered User

Oct 14, 2009
    Male
    Country Flag:
  3. bkrownd

bkrownd Registered User

Jan 28, 2017
    Steamy Hilo, HI
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    There's an entire historical society type organization for the Quabbin towns. http://www.foquabbin.org/srvhs.html

This caught my eye because I used to work at the radio observatory in the middle of the "Prescott Peninsula", at the former site of Prescott town center. At night I'd be the only person on the peninsula, with nobody else for many miles. (bats occasionally flying around me in the control room) At dawn, deer and turkeys outside the big window. :)