Loose Count Wheel on Ingraham

ticktock

Aug 24, 2004
Country
Ingraham Time and Strike Mantel clock. The count wheel has about an 1/8" of play in it. The locking lever sometimes doesnt lock fully into the slot because of this. What can I do to firm the count wheel up?

ticktock

Aug 24, 2004
Country
Ingraham Time and Strike Mantel clock. The count wheel has about an 1/8" of play in it. The locking lever sometimes doesnt lock fully into the slot because of this. What can I do to firm the count wheel up?

Robert M.

Nov 20, 2004
Hi Ticktock:
Not sure what you mean about looseness but if the countwheel seems to have an excessive amount of wobble to it remove the brass "U" shaped countwheel retaining clip and rebend the tabs on the end of the clip a bit more.(use a light touch).This will create more compression against the countwheel and eliminate the excessive wobble.
I hope this is of some help to you.
Sincerely,Bob F.

David B Pendley

NAWCC Business
Aug 25, 2000
Country
Region
Sometimes you need to add a thin washer under the countwheel to tighten it up. As fate would have it we never see this until movements assembled. But usually takes less time in long run to pull movement apart and fix it than to have it come back later cause it won't strike correctly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinestone
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller