Looks like the Herschede parts are back online?

Bruce Alexander

Sponsor
NAWCC Brass Member
Feb 22, 2010
Country
Region
Us too. We deleted our Farce-book account after the Cambridge Analytica "scandal" came to light. Please tell me that they don't depend solely on that platform. :thumbsdown:

If necessary I will have to create a "burner" account just to have access to Herschede parts again.

Edit: No, they have a website: GRIFFEN'S CLOCK PARTS AND SUPPLIES LLC :Party:

Thanks for the headsup THTanner!

Last edited:
Reactions: THTanner

Salsagev

Donor
Feb 6, 2020
Madison
www.youtube.com
Country
Region
Some clock shops only know how to make Facebook accounts but not websites so just a heads up!

Bruce Alexander

Sponsor
NAWCC Brass Member
Feb 22, 2010
Country
Region
That's a very good point Brian.

When R & M Imports was still in business I did order three replacement bells for a 294 9-Bell. As I recall, even though he was semi-retired at the time Randy Thatcher got involved in taking the order. He needed to know the length, diameter and hanging hardware. I imagine that their bells were made to order. Either a complete set, or individual replacements were available. That must have represented some exacting methods with skilled labor/craftsmanship. Folks like that either retire or move on to other things.

According to a very well informed member here, these folks have a lot of existing inventory to liquidate before they can consider gearing up to manufacture batches of new parts. If or when that occurs, the parts will likely have to be made in some other Country. Perhaps China? Americans are mostly consumers these days.

Regards,

Bruce

John Arrowood

NAWCC Member
Dec 14, 2001
There was a post card from them in my mailbox yesterday; they got my name and address from somewhere so others who are NAWCC members may also get the post card. I may have ordered from R&M in the past and think there's a catalog from them here somewhere, but don't know where it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chas99
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Rockford's early high grade movements by Greg Frauenhoff