Looking for project clocks, have Bushing Tool with everything to trade!

Elgin_Galaxie

Jul 20, 2019
Batesville, Indiana
Country
Region
Sorry this post is so long, I know this might seem like a silly idea to most, but we are running out of options, and things are bad enough as it is, so if you have anything negative to say, please keep it to yourself. I am just trying to figure out a way to make enough money to do something nice for my best friend, he is going through a lot, and he has given up everything to support his family, and I realize it might seem stupid to spend money to buy him a guitar when I am in the situation I am in, but it's what my heart tells me to do, he gives and gives, and the rest of his family treats him terribly, he and I are surrounded by toxic people, unfortunately those people happen to be our family members(in my case it's relatives, not my parents). If I can somehow reach my goal, I can give him something he loved and cherished, and get my eBay back, which would be life changing. I am not asking for a handout, or sympathy, I am explaining our situation because I fear people will think we are lazy and want something for nothing, and that is most definitely not the case. My love of clocks, and the kindness of the clock community have helped me through some of the hardest times in my life, and we have no one else to turn too, so I hope that some of you are doing some spring cleaning, and have some project clocks to sell or trade! Again, sorry it's so long.
I am no longer doing customer repairs, with 2 parents with serious medical problems, it's a little hard to be reliable, and keep my word because I never know what they might need. Plus my town is so small, i didn't have much business anyway. That doesn't mean that my passion for them has gone away, so I'm still going to refurbish/restore clocks for fun, and to make some extra money. I'm going to keep everything I need to service a clock, and sell some tools to fund a new project i've been working on, I am also very passionate about music, playing it, and I recently started building tube amplifiers. I wanted to build amps that looked as good as they sounded, and I couldn't figure out how to do that. Then it hit me, I have lots of clock cases I'll never use, and I mocked one up and the speaker fit perfectly. I'm praying every day that this idea works out, and people buy them, I don't want to get rich, or be famous, I just want to be able to help my parents and my best friend, and I'm hoping that this idea will help me do those things. So, I have been trying to sell my vintage KWM, cast iron bushing tool, with vintage pivot gauge, 20 pc set of cutters, and other bits in a wooden organizer, a new set of 100 bushings from TimeSavers, Asst. #1, with free shipping for $800, I was told that was a good deal, am I asking too much? But it's taking too long, so I was wondering if anyone would be interested in trading the tool with everything for some clocks or watches that I could service and sell, I need to make $800 asap, and it really doesn't matter how I make it, so I thought I would try this and hope that someone will trade, and I can take the clocks to flea markets and other places and hope they sell.. My best friend Brian is going through some really tough stuff right now, he has a very sick little boy, and his wife was in a car accident awhile ago and recently had to have her right shoulder replaced with one from a cadaver(sp?) so he is dealing with a lot. He feels isolated, alone and is incredibly depressed right now, and he is such a good husband and father, and I can't stand to see him hurting so bad. The only thing I can think of that might help him a little is to be able to play music again, he also plays guitar, but when his son was born and they realized how sick he was, he sold everything he owned, including his most prized possession, his black Fender Resonator acoustic guitar, that was 12 years ago, and he still tears up if we talk about it. Playing guitar is how I deal with everything, and I know it would help him. He used to play that guitar for his son every night while he fell asleep, before he had to sell it, of course. I am trying to make $800 for two reasons, after searching for a long time, I just found a beautiful Fender FR-50 Resonator guitar in black on reverb.com for $399 and I really want to surprise him with it, I think he would be so happy, and he deserves it. I care about him as much as I care about my parents, and i would sell everything I own if it meant those three(actually 6 but I include his family when I say him) could be happy, and have a little less stress in their lives. Which brings me to my second reason, I finally got everything squared away with eBay, I just have to pay my sellers fees, and they are a bit over $400. Getting my account back would help me breathe a little easier, and it would allow me to spend a little more time on each amplifier, try new things, and get better tools. Brian has been building he amps with me, and I wan to also buy him the same tools I have, so we can really get this off the ground, and that would mean I could take better care of my parents. I need my account back badly because most of the items I have to sell are things that would only do well on a site like eBay, I have so many NOS watch parts, movements, ect and those kind of items are worthless in a town as small as mine. So, If you are need a bushing tool and have some extra clocks and/or watches that you are willing to trade so I can make some money, That would be a true blessing. Brian is a 3rd generation sewing machine technician, so he does the same thing I do, pretty much. We buy clocks, sewing machines in his case, and service them and find them new homes. I can't have a normal job because of all the damage that was one to my hip and back caused by my rail car accident, every time I go to the doctor, the arthritis in my back is worse, and I have a total hip replacement to worry about, and Brian had to quit his job to care for his son, so we both work very vey long hours and do the best we can. I think this guitar amplifier thing we are working on will pay off, we are hoping this is the break we've both been praying for. We don't have any backers, I refuse to go on disability at 31, and we do not ask for hand-outs. This may not be the easy way, but we keep our faith, work hard, do quality work, and we are always kind, honest, and respectful to others. We both have spent our entire adult lives doing nothing but helping our loved ones, and we wouldn't have it any other way. If this actually works, and someone wants to do some trading, I am willing to do some driving to pick up the clocks. I live in SE Indiana, right between Indianapolis and Cincinnati, so I couldn't drive to California or anything, but i'm willing so do a bit of travelling to make this work. We can't afford one of those nice new enclosed trailers, so we are hunting for an old beat up camper that we can completely gut and use for our flea market stuff. Yes, we are a little redneck, but it's not by choice. Lol If you aren't looking for a bushing tool, but have some clocks you want to sell, I have PayPal, and would gladly pay shipping of course. Same goes for tube radios, and we desperately need tubes. I have lots of watch parts to trade, Bulova, Gruen, Benrus, Longines, ect.. and lots of cuckoo clock parts, movements, music boxes, bellows, and parts and movements for other types of clocks, mantel, wall, cottage, you name it! If you are still reading this, your time is very much appreciated, and I hope someone out there has lots of extra clocks they don't need! Thank you all, God Bless, and have a wonderful weekend!

Contact and PayPal for invoices- jstouffer345@gmail.com
John Stouffer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Furgus2021
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller