• The NAWCC Museum and Library & Research Center will reopen starting Wednesday, January 6, 2021 as per Governor Wolf's reopening mandate.

Looking for Original Feet

diver7325

Mar 4, 2016
Shelbyville, IN
Country
I was able to get this clock cleaned and running for a customer that brought it in. After I called the customer to come pick it up, he decided that he wanted original feet put on the bottom. The front two are original, but the back two had been replaced.

The picture below shows the original ornate foot on the front and the replacement foot on the back. The customer would like to get two replacement feet for the back.

Does anybody have a set of two original feet for this clock that I can buy for the customer? Thanks in advance for any help!!

DSC_0036.JPG DSC_0037.JPG DSC_0038.JPG

R. Croswell

Apr 4, 2006
Trappe, Md.
www.greenfieldclockshop.com
Country
Region
Are you sure the back feet are not original? I'm not familiar with this exact clock but have seen other clocks that had fancy feet in front and simpler feet in the back. I assume so the clock could be placed closer to the wall.

RC

wbranko

Feb 1, 2004
Country
Beautiful clock! I agree with RC...these back feet look original to me. However if you want to replace them, I have seen similar feet selling on eBay of all places.

Good Luck!

WB

Uhralt

NAWCC Member
Sep 4, 2008
Country
Region
Are you sure the back feet are not original? I'm not familiar with this exact clock but have seen other clocks that had fancy feet in front and simpler feet in the back. I assume so the clock could be placed closer to the wall.

RC
I agree. it is quite common in these clocks that the back feet are less fancy than the front feet.

Uhralt

Willie X

Feb 9, 2008
You couldn't place it close to the wall, if the back feet were like the front ones.

The existing feet look fine to me. Why make trouble for no reason? Ha

Willie X

diver7325

Mar 4, 2016
Shelbyville, IN
Country
I agree with you guys about the back feet...the customer brought in a box that had two extra broken feet in it that came with the clock when he bought it at an auction. He said the auctioneer told him that they were for the back...I am like you, they were prob. front feet that broke and were replaced. He was insistent on replacing the back feet because he thought the broken ones were from the back...I will explain to him about placing it close to the wall and those are prob. the original front feet.

Thanks for the input!!!!

R. Croswell

Apr 4, 2006
Trappe, Md.
www.greenfieldclockshop.com
Country
Region
I agree with you guys about the back feet...the customer brought in a box that had two extra broken feet in it that came with the clock when he bought it at an auction. He said the auctioneer told him that they were for the back...I am like you, they were prob. front feet that broke and were replaced. He was insistent on replacing the back feet because he thought the broken ones were from the back...I will explain to him about placing it close to the wall and those are prob. the original front feet.

Thanks for the input!!!!
I've found that at some auctions parts and extra pieces sometimes get mixed up and put with clocks they didn't even belong to. Any replacement feet that you might install at the owner's insistence will still be replacements and not original unless you find someone on e-Bay parting out the same clock.

RC

tom427cid

NAWCC Member
Mar 23, 2009
Moultonborough,NH
Country
Region
The feet have the look of Black Mantle feet. Both front and back. A bit of research you should be able to identify which maker. Find a beat-up case and the customer has what he wants.
Hope this helps
tom