Looking for information on Ansonia metal case clock

Discussion in 'General Clock Discussions' started by John Oliphant, Nov 3, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. John Oliphant

John Oliphant Registered User

Sep 12, 2019
    20191103_080954.jpg 20191103_082345.jpg I am looking for any information that anyone can provide on this Ansonia clock. This clock along with another Seth Thomas mantel clock was found stored away in my wife's parents estate after they passed. Needless to say we are very happy to add them to our collection. The case cleaned up very nice but is missing the finial on top. The movement is also in really good shape. Only required a couple of repairs, strike side main spring was shortened roughly six inches due to a crack. The suspension spring was also broke and replaced. Cleaned and oiled it is a very strong runner and keeps great time. The back plate is stamped Ansonia Clock Co USA New York. Lower left is stamped Patented June 18 1882, Lower right stamped 4 1/2. In all of my materials and catalogs as well as the web I have been unable to find any information on this one nor have I seen a duplicate. I would like to source the original finial but don't know what I am looking for, maybe a cast feather or something along those lines. This one will never be sold but continue to be passed down through the family. Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

John

2. zyx123

zyx123 Registered User

Jun 18, 2011
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Hello,

Your clock is the ORLEANS offered by Ansonia around 1894

Sharon

IMG_20191103_201017[1].jpg

3. John Oliphant

John Oliphant Registered User

Sep 12, 2019
    Sharon,

Thank You for the information, very much appreciated !!

4. Chris Radano

Chris Radano Registered User

Feb 18, 2004
    Male
    Pennsylvania
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Once I saw a French clock that was very similar, in an asymmetrical wood case. I think that was the original clock where Ansonia based it's design.