Looking for Information about New Haven Westinghouse 2EC

Discussion in 'Electric Horology' started by Larry48075, Apr 12, 2012.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Larry48075

Larry48075 Registered User

Mar 23, 2009
    Michigan, USA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    My New Haven Westingouse 2EC is now cleaned, oiled, reassembled, and working, and I would like to find out more about this model. In all of the online searching I have done, I have only found one other clock like it which was sold on ebay several months ago. Is this a rare model? During what years was it made? There is a sticker inside the case with a number of patent numbers on it, and the latest patent was granted in 1927.

[​IMG]

Thank You

Larry

Attached Files:

2. Steven Thornberry

Steven Thornberry User Administrator
    NAWCC Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Country Flag:
    We know it is 1927 or later, and there were several NH Westinghouse alarm clock models made in the 1930's. Is it rare? I would hesitate to use that description. More likely it just isn't around much anymore. I fear these sorts of things were likely to be tossed when they ran down or when they were replaced. I suppose that might make it rarely found, but not "rare."

3. RickB

RickB Registered User

May 28, 2010
    A Cave in Pennsylvania
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    If you could post a picture of the movement/motor of this clock I might be able to ad some info on your clock.

Does it use a self starting motor?

Does it look like the pictures below?

Attached Files:

4. Larry48075

Larry48075 Registered User

Mar 23, 2009
    Michigan, USA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    RickB,

The movement is not self-starting. It has a little spring-tensioned starting knob (and it starts very easily). The movement does not look anything like the one in your pictures. I am attaching two pictures which I took of the movement as I disassembled it (to help in reassembly). The clock is about 3 3/4" in diameter.

IMG_0736.jpg IMG_0737.jpg

Thank You

Larry