Looking for help and information

Udry

Feb 25, 2011
I am doing a "fair market value" appraisal for an estate. Two of the item have got me stumped.

One is an 18k yellow gold Hunting case pocket watch engraved on the movement Albin Bourquin.

The second is a 14k yellow gold hunting case pocket watch with no name on the dial nor on the movement.

I know the first one is a swiss made watch from the city/region of Chaux-de-Fonds. It is a key wind movement which should date it between 1870s and 1880s. This watch maker is not listed in any of my reference books.

The second I have no ideas at all.

Here are some photos:

Thanks for any info you can share. View attachment 4914 View attachment 4915
-> posts merged by system <-
photos of the second watch View attachment 4916 View attachment 4917

richiec

NAWCC Member
Feb 24, 2007
Brick, Ocean, NJ
Country
Region
Udry, unfortunately, due to the non-profit nature of the organization, we cannot do evaluations, sorry. You may be able to contact the main organization and ask if there is anyone in your area that is a qualified appraiser as the watch school does offer it as a course of study. The second watch may require the removal of the dial to check for any makers marks or the eye of someone well versed in the Swiss watchmakers who may recognize a familiar pattern to the movement. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Udry

Feb 25, 2011
Thanks Richie.

I was looking more for information than values. I was hoping someone here would recognize a familiar pattern to the movement on the second watch.

I do appreciate your input.

jfl

NAWCC Member
May 1, 2006
Second movement looks like a 17 jewel that resembles a silver cased watch last week on ebay also unidentified. I would think that the 14k box hinge case would control the price with the unknown movement if running contributing only 10%. JFL

Our 2021 National Meeting in Hampton Roads Virginia
Topic related ad experiment
Know Your NAWCC Forums Rules!
RULES & GUIDELINES

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iandb
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions