Looking for center seconds chrono hand for vintage Breitling

Discussion in 'Watch Repair' started by karlmansson, Apr 27, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. karlmansson

karlmansson Registered User

Apr 20, 2013
    Doctor
    Linköping, Sweden
    Country Flag:
    Hello!

I suppose this entry would perhaps belong in the "watch parts wanted" post but then again I hope for it to reach as many as I can get. The aforementioned thread seems a bit underpopulated. My apologies if my entry is misplaced!

I'm trying to find a chrono hand for a 1940s Breitling. The rest of the hands are nickel plated or variations thereof. Might be silver, might be badly worn steel. They're white is what I'm getting at. I've been trying to source a hand with the typical "spade" shape counterweight but I've yet to find anything. It might be so simple as the chrono hand is intended to be red on this one but it sort of doesn't go with the aesthetic of the watch. The closest I've come to finding anything like it is from Esslinger who have a variation with straight edges on the spade. It's available in steel.

I would much prefer it to find one that is slightly tarnished, old stock, doesn't have to be NOS. The rest of the hands have seen some stuff and some things over their lifespan so something that is a little rugged might just work fine.
    Although my national parts house (Ã…nge Urdelar) supposedly has a great deal of old hands in stock, they did not have this one. I've seen the style on several chrono hands for pocketwatches but not for wristwatches. Are they not being made any longer?

What I'm looking for looks like this but "white" or steel:
    http://sfile.f-static.com/image/users/190146/ftp/my_files/breitling-museum/40s/from%201947.jpg?id=11595173

The hand measures L: 15.5mm (16mm) and ø.27 (or .25)mm.

Anyone who has one they might want to part with or could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it!

Best regards

/Karl