NAWCC Fellow
NAWCC Member
Donor
Jul 12, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
clintgeller.com
Country
Region
Given how prominent an individual D. H. Church was in the history of American watchmaking, considering his numerous important patents and his management role at the AWWCo, I expected an image or two of him to pop up immediately with my first Internet search. But nope, nada. Has anyone here ever seen a picture of the man?

Last edited:

Greg Frauenhoff

NAWCC Fellow
NAWCC Member
Aug 25, 2000
I'm pretty sure that there's a picture of him in the Waltham history book published around 1910. I know this is all very vague, sorry. I owned a copy of the book many years ago but sold it.

Edit: This might be the book: Watches by Automatic Machinery at Waltham by EA Marsh. Reprints are available.

Last edited:

Clint Geller

Gibbs Literary Award
NAWCC Fellow
NAWCC Member
Donor
Jul 12, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
clintgeller.com
Country
Region
I'm pretty sure that there's a picture of him in the Waltham history book published around 1910. I know this is all very vague, sorry. I owned a copy of the book many years ago but sold it.

Edit: This is the book: Watches by Automatic Machinery at Waltham by EA Marsh. Reprints are widely available.
Thank you, Greg! I'll see if I can buy a copy.

Last edited:

Greg Frauenhoff

NAWCC Fellow
NAWCC Member
Aug 25, 2000
On second thought, this might be the book: /Pioneer-History-American-Waltham-Watch-Company. I'm sure that someone like Tom McIntyre has a copy that they can check to see if Church is pictured therein.

Clint Geller

Gibbs Literary Award
NAWCC Fellow
NAWCC Member
Donor
Jul 12, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
clintgeller.com
Country
Region
On second thought, this might be the book: /Pioneer-History-American-Waltham-Watch-Company. I'm sure that someone like Tom McIntyre has a copy that they can check to see if Church is pictured therein.
Thanks, Greg. That book is available as well, and I know it has pix of Dennison and Marsh, but I don't know if it covers Duane H. Church's time. I'll wait to hear what other knowledgeable site participants, perhaps Tom if he chooses to join the conversation, can tell me.

Clint Geller

Gibbs Literary Award
NAWCC Fellow
NAWCC Member
Donor
Jul 12, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
clintgeller.com
Country
Region

Forum statistics

Threads