• Upcoming updates
    Over the next couple of weeks we will be performing software updates on the forum. These will be completed in small steps as we upgrade individual software addons. You might occasionally see a maintenance message that will last a few minutes at most.

If we anticipate an update will take more than a few minutes, we'll put up a notice with estimated time.

Thank you!

Looking for a Waltham fourth wheel

SndChsr

May 3, 2021
Country
Hello folks,
I'm desperately looking for a fourth wheel or pinion for an 18s Waltham P.S Bartlett. I have this watch in a near perfect condition, minus the fourth wheel.
Does anyone have the complete wheel or at least the pinion?
Thanks!

TaborClock

Jan 17, 2009
Pine Island Florida
SilverGooseStore.biz
Country
Region
Hello folks,
I'm desperately looking for a fourth wheel or pinion for an 18s Waltham P.S Bartlett. I have this watch in a near perfect condition, minus the fourth wheel.
Does anyone have the complete wheel or at least the pinion?
Thanks!
I have a drawer full of wheels for 18 Walthams. There are several kinds depending on whether it is HC or OF, I think and slow or fast train. Post a picture and pinion leaf count. I'll drop one in the mail...PM me. What is the serial number ?

SndChsr

May 3, 2021
Country
Thank you Gentlemen!! It would be MOST appreciated if either one of you had that wheel. This watch is in excellent condition. The only thing holding me back from moving forward with the service is the missing seconds pivot on that fourth wheel.
My apologies for not replying earlier, I was away all day yesterday.
I'm attaching photos of the damaged wheel as well as the partial movement as it's in the state of disassembly at the moment.
S/N: 12035224
Many many thanks,
Marek

PICA0002.jpg PICA0003.jpg PICA0004.jpg PICA0005.jpg IMG_20221210_134930.jpg

Last edited:

TaborClock

Jan 17, 2009
Pine Island Florida
SilverGooseStore.biz
Country
Region
Thank you Gentlemen!! It would be MOST appreciated if either one of you had that wheel. This watch is in excellent condition. The only thing holding me back from moving forward with the service is the missing seconds pivot on that fourth wheel.
My apologies for not replying earlier, I was away all day yesterday.
I'm attaching photos of the damaged wheel as well as the partial movement as it's in the state of disassembly at the moment.
S/N: 12035224
Many many thanks,
Marek

View attachment 740155 View attachment 740156 View attachment 740157 View attachment 740158 View attachment 740159
I don't have a '92. 57 to 83 I got. Sorry...

Bila

Jan 22, 2010
www.ozwatchstore.com
Country
Ahhh..no problem. Thanks for checking anyway. Much appreciated from this end.
Regards,
Marek
Just be aware Marek that there are plenty of variations in the pivot sizes across the range of Model 92 movements, it will probably pay to measure the jewel-hole sizes on both the dial-plate and back train-plate to ensure you get the correct size:)

Reactions: TaborClock

SndChsr

May 3, 2021
Country
Just be aware Marek that there are plenty of variations in the pivot sizes across the range of Model 92 movements, it will probably pay to measure the jewel-hole sizes on both the dial-plate and back train-plate to ensure you get the correct size:)
Yea, you're absolutely correct. I'll measure the broken pivot as I still have it.
Thanks for the reminder Bila!

Grant Perry

NAWCC Member
Jun 5, 2002
Ottawa-Canada's Capital
Country
Region
Nice looking watch SndChsr . Worth restoring for sure. I have one 92, I think. Not 100% sure as the bridge with the serial number is missing, but maybe someone more knowledgable can confirm. It does have a good 4th, so once we can confirm this is a 92, I can measure it up for you.
Grant

IMG_0835.jpg IMG_0836.jpg

Last edited:

SndChsr

May 3, 2021
Country
Hi Grant,
Definitely looks like a '92 to me, though even 92's had some variations as they progressed through time. It looks very much like mine though. Would you be willing to sell the 4th?
I'd be more than happy to buy it if you don't need it.
Many thanks,
Marek

Grant Perry

NAWCC Member
Jun 5, 2002
Ottawa-Canada's Capital
Country
Region
Hey Marek,
No need to buy it. You are welcome to it. You can PM me your address. Did you want to measure the pivots first? I can do that tonight on my end.
Grant

SndChsr

May 3, 2021
Country
Hi Grant,
If it is not too much trouble, could you please measure it? And I insist that I at least pay you for shipping. I'd hate to take advantage of someone's generosity.
Many thanks. I'll PM you.
Marek

Grant Perry

NAWCC Member
Jun 5, 2002
Ottawa-Canada's Capital
Country
Region
Well, I went to pull the 4th gear, and it has a bent pivot. I am not sure if this can be straightened. The pivots are ~.27MM

4th.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trafxprt
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Steven Thornberry