LOOKING FOR A REFERENCE BOOK

knight.six

Jun 30, 2016
Sierra Vista, Arizona
Country
Region
Does anyone out there have a copy of Kathleen H. Prichard's, “Swiss TimePiece Makers: 1775-1975” that they would part with? Please let me know. I've gone to a dozen book sources and even have a search engine looking but no joy. John

Dr. Jon

NAWCC Member
Dec 14, 2001
New Hampshire
Country
Region
Last time I saw them on line they were going for very serious money. I can look up a few things for you in my copy.

eri231

Jan 13, 2012
torino italy
Country
Region
The copy write on that book has never expired. The rights are of a Swiss publisher, therefore copies or photocopies cannot be distributed.
regards enrico

MrRoundel

Dec 28, 2010
So. Cal., USA
Country
Region
Lots of feelers out from lots of people on those books. And yes, if you do find them they'll probably be with four digit pricing for the set of two. I think I may have seen one of the pair offered for 1/2 way to four digits a few years ago. Ouch! Good luck.

Allan C. Purcell

NAWCC Member
Feb 9, 2013
Germany
Country
Region
John, I take you just want a copy for yourself, I know how frustrating it can be when such books come onto the market for such high prices. Those selling, then know, only too well there are those who will buy them. I wanted a copy of John Pearpoint Morgans book on his watch collection, I am still saving up and at the moment I think I have enough for the first 10 pages. (I do have the cheap copy) We know all that, so why am I writing, I was just wondering if there is one particular piece of information you wanted, I could, maybe, help. I have a copy of "A Region in Time" 1700-2007 and there are many of the Swiss firms in there, and I have "The Territory ofNeuchätel" both in English, plus one or two others in German. Please feel free to PM me if you like.

Regards,

Allan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Billraffy
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller