Clock Looking for a gear for my Lorenz Desk Clock

Discussion in 'Parts Wanted' started by Elgin_Galaxie, Nov 28, 2019.

Tags:
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Elgin_Galaxie

Elgin_Galaxie Registered User

Jul 20, 2019
    Male
    Buying and Selling Antiques
    Batesville, Indiana
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hello everyone! The gentleman teaching me about the wonderful world of watches and clocks gave me this little oddity to try and fix. It's a Lorenz Static Premio Compasso D'oro. While trying to get it running, I dropped the top plate and parts flew everywhere. I need the little gear that attaches to the bottom of the coils that power the clock, I have been searching on my floor for hours. lol I hope I worded everything correctly, I am still pretty new to this. I did end up getting it back together and running, without the gear of course. If anyone has any parts to this clock or a whole parts clock, that would be amazing. I can buy, or trade. I have access to thousands of parts for wristwatches, pocket watches, mantle clocks, ect. My teacher has been in the business for 50+ years and thanks to him, I have access to almost any part I need. Thanks for taking the time to read! Any help would be greatly appreciated! -John

IMG_3401.JPG IMG_3416.JPG IMG_3414.JPG

2. roughbarked

roughbarked Registered User

Dec 2, 2016
    watchmaker
    Western NSW, Australia
    Country Flag:
    The gear would be a pinion and it could easily be nylon and maybe it is now in two pieces. If it is nylon then a magnet won't find it. A stocking over the end of a vacuum cleaner might.

3. Elgin_Galaxie

Elgin_Galaxie Registered User

Jul 20, 2019
    Male
    Buying and Selling Antiques
    Batesville, Indiana
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    It was a brass gear, I remember looking at it when I was trying to take it apart. That vacuum idea is the best idea i've ever heard!! I lose so many screws and other parts, that will most definitely help! Thank you so much!