Longines Watch ID

Discussion in 'Wrist Watches' started by bluetime, Oct 3, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. bluetime

bluetime Registered User

Aug 20, 2019
    Country Flag:
    I need some help identifying this Logines watch if possible. Also if anyone knows how to open the case that would be helpful--I'm assuming I'll have to take it somewhere as it looks complicated. Appreciate any info.

1.jpg 2.jpg

2. John Cote

John Cote Director
    Director NAWCC Member

Aug 26, 2000
    Photographer
    Midwest USA
    Country Flag:
    I don't know the reference but I believe it is a front loader. The bezel snaps off and the movement comes out the front.

3. Tomxhar

Tomxhar Registered User

Sep 2, 2019
    Male
    Country Flag:
    #3 Tomxhar, Oct 5, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
    Model number for this watch will be the 185, and is a two piece case. The case splits in the centre, and may have a thumbnail/case opener access point at 9 o'clock.
    Should have a calibre 23ZS movement from late 1950's (ish), and may be solid gold as I have only seen this model in 14K.
    Please take off the expanding bracelet, as the spring loaded points where it attaches to the watch will wear away the soft gold lugs, and eventually ruin the watch.

bluetime likes this.
  4. viclip

viclip Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jul 20, 2018
    Male
    Country Flag:
    ... or else if you prefer to retain that bracelet for some reason, then file down the spring loaded atachment spacers (after removing the bracelet first of course), or even remove them completely depending upon the fitment (they're generally held in place with little metal tabs, which can be bent to release the attachment spacers) ;)

bluetime likes this.
  5. bluetime

bluetime Registered User

Aug 20, 2019
    Country Flag:
    Thank you so much for all of the info! Really helpful. I will see if I can get the case open, and remove the band as suggested.

6. bluetime

bluetime Registered User

Aug 20, 2019
    Country Flag:
    Just a final update. I was able to remove the band--I appreciate the heads up on that. The case opening was right at 9 o'clock. You were correct that the movement is a 23ZS (17 Jewels) housed in a solid 14K case. You were also right about the era it was made; I ran the serial number and apparently it was produced circa 1957. Thank you again and I hope this info might help someone else in the future. Cheers!

Tomxhar likes this.
  7. Tomxhar

Tomxhar Registered User

Sep 2, 2019
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Good news, friend!
    I recommend black alligator or lizard strap, and please show us how it looks when done.
    Glad to help.