Logging In problem

Discussion in 'Message Board Help & Notices' started by George Nelson, Feb 12, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. George Nelson

George Nelson Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Retired
    Tennessee
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I ALWAYS log in before reading posts or starting a new thread. Why then does the system intermittently ask me to log in again when trying to look at a back issue of the Bulletin or respond to a posting? This does not happen all of the time, but does occur two or three times per research session. I've cleared my cache, cookies and history to no avail. Please help!

Thanks,
    George Nelson

2. hemioutlaw

hemioutlaw Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 22, 2008
    North.Texas
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Having the same problem George and don't know if it's because I'm mainly acessing the site on my Android. I went ahead and joined the NAWCC earlier this week, paid the dues and can access the member's only area so I know its active. But when I'm in the forum it's actually quite a PITA. I was trying to fly a country flag and NAWCC banner and it keeps telling me to join.

3. Bill Stuntz

Bill Stuntz Technical Admin
    Staff Member Donor NAWCC Member

Apr 6, 2012
    Male
    PC Tech
    Columbus. OH
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    The MB & the main NAWCC site where the publications are stored require separate logins. If you are logged into the MB but not the main site.... And they use cookies to determine login status.
    I THINK they're trying to work out some bugs over there, but I'm only an admin on the MB, so I don't know for sure.

4. Bill Stuntz

Bill Stuntz Technical Admin
    Staff Member Donor NAWCC Member

Apr 6, 2012
    Male
    PC Tech
    Columbus. OH
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Your NAWCC member status is not automatically changed on the MB - Tom has to do it manually. If you just joined last week, it apparently hasn't happened yet. Tom's been busy. Your membership flag won't show up until Tom takes care of that. I suppose I could do it, but I have no way to determine your member number, join date, etc. So I'm hesitant to do it. Too many cooks....

But you should be able to display your national and/or state flags by editing your profile, regardless of your NACC membership status.

5. hemioutlaw

NAWCC Member

Feb 22, 2008
    North.Texas
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Thanks Bill,
    Went back into my profile and edited a little to display Old Glory and turned on display membership banner. Flag's up, banners not but I'll give it a few days and go from there.

6. Steven Thornberry

Steven Thornberry User Administrator
    NAWCC Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Country Flag:
    Send me a PM with NAWCC member number and paid through date (be certain they are correct!). I will update it for you. If you prefer to wait it out, however, that's good, too.

7. Tom McIntyre

Tom McIntyre Technical Admin
    Staff Member Donor Sponsor NAWCC Member

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    retired SW dev
    Boston
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I just updated all the member records on the Message Board. If you are an NAWCC member and your name is in italics, you need to renew your membership as soon as possible.

8. George Nelson

George Nelson Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Retired
    Tennessee
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hi, Hemioutlaw!

Welcome, welcome, welcome to the NAWCC. I know you'll find your membership more than useful, and the membership will enhance your clock or watch collecting in untold ways! Again, welcome to the BEST organization ever!

As for some of the login problems we're having, it might have to do with whatever program you're using to access any PDF files. I'm investigating that now on my computer, and I'm discovering that there are many programs that can do it, and all were loaded into my system by the manufacturer (in this case Dell). I'm trying to set my default PDF file reader as the Adobe program, which seems to be the default program that this board uses. If I have any success, I'll post it or send you a PM. Again, a most hearty welcome to the club! Warmest regards, George Nelson

Again,

9. hemioutlaw

NAWCC Member

Feb 22, 2008
    North.Texas
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    #9 hemioutlaw, Feb 12, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
    Thank you for the kind welcome George, I've been asking quite a few questions recently so becoming a paying member seemed like the right thing to do to help in sustaining the association.

Although I haven't yet cruised around to investigate other membership privileges it looks like my message board concerns have already been addressed.