Liquidating part of a collection

Lee Passarella

NAWCC Member
Jul 8, 2015
Country
Region
What would be the best way to unload a fair number of watches you no longer wanted to keep, supposing you were too lazy, or otherwise disinclined, to sell piecemeal on ebay? And supposing you didn't just want to give them away?

James J Nicholson

NAWCC Member
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2019
Canadensis PA
Country
Region
Good tips. Thanks.
Lee, There are other options. One would be to sell to other collectors. This would ensure that your collection would not be scrapped out and reduced to parts. There is a very reputable and talented member of the NAWCC who sells on consignment through his website and is a very talented watchmaker as well. His name is Eric, and if you are interested, email me and I will give you info on his website.
James

Maximus Man

Maximus Man
NAWCC Member
Jan 1, 2011
Country
What would be the best way to unload a fair number of watches you no longer wanted to keep, supposing you were too lazy, or otherwise disinclined, to sell piecemeal on ebay? And supposing you didn't just want to give them away?
One other thing you might try is to look here on this site and possibly see who is looking for what in the WANT To BUY section.

Last edited:

Lee Passarella

NAWCC Member
Jul 8, 2015
Country
Region
Lee, There are other options. One would be to sell to other collectors. This would ensure that your collection would not be scrapped out and reduced to parts. There is a very reputable and talented member of the NAWCC who sells on consignment through his website and is a very talented watchmaker as well. His name is Eric, and if you are interested, email me and I will give you info on his website.
James
Selling to collectors would be the way to go for the modest high end of my collection, James. It is the more substantial lower end that I have been thinking of selling. But since it would bring pennies on the dollar and the effort would undoubtedly end up being far more trouble than it was worth, like many collectors I'll just let my heirs and assigns scratch their heads over what to do with the stuff when I shuffle off this mortal etc.

Old rookie

NAWCC Member
Feb 6, 2021
Country
You might offer some of your lower end standard watches to new collectors like me. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clockjoyner
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Weekly News 7/7/19 by Tom McIntyre