LINCOLN CLOCKS

Discussion in 'Electric Horology' started by Wasting Time, May 4, 2005.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Wasting Time

Wasting Time Guest

I HAVE SEEN A FEW REFERENCES TO A LINCOLD CLOCK COMPANY - PRODUXING ELECTRIC CLOCKS IN THE EARLY 1900s.
    IS THERE A PLACE I CAN RESEARCH THIS COMPANY'S HISTORY? :confused:

2. harold bain

harold bain Forums Administrator
    NAWCC Member Donor

Nov 4, 2002
    Male
    self-employed in the clock business
    Whitby, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hi Ivan. If you are an NAWCC member, you could use their research facilities. It is not a company that I am familiar with. How is your research on the James Remind-o-timers coming? Harold

3. Jeffrey R. Wood

Jeffrey R. Wood Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Found amongst my "junk" a circa 1930 bakelite so-called "cathedral" style "Lincoln" synchronous electric clock with "ELECTRIC CLOCK CORP. OF AMERICA, CHICAGO" at the bottom of the dial, plus a nearly identical "Royal" which appears to have been made by the same manufacturer. Both are rather cheaply made and NOT self-starting. Don't think these are too rare-- if you keep checking ebaY you are bound to find other examples pictured.

4. skruft

skruft Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Aug 5, 2002
    I have seen many "Lincoln" electrics over the years and all have been of the kind Jeff described, sort of generic cathedral-shaped non-self starting bakelite clocks with round dials, of the kind that were made in the early 30s. They seem reliable, as many do still run after 75 years, but not at all rare. Some other makers made the same or nearly the same style.

5. Elmo Electric

Elmo Electric Registered User

Jul 26, 2016
    IT Consultant
    Atlanta GA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    #6 Elmo Electric, May 9, 2017
    Last edited: May 9, 2017