• The NAWCC Museum and Library & Research Center will reopen starting Wednesday, January 6, 2021 as per Governor Wolf's reopening mandate.

Leon Hatot ATO Clock Repair

rlwindle

Mar 18, 2011
Dallas, TX
Country
Region
I recently had to move completely out of my house here in Dallas for some foundation repairs (never buy a slab foundation house in Texas). I have an ATO clock on my mantel, the ATO clock went with me locking the magnetic pendulum so it did not move, the clock was never packed and was with me all the time. When I moved back in, the clock no longer worked. It runs on a D cell battery. The weight nut was attached and regulated. Does anyone know anyone in the Dallas/Ft. Worth Area who repairs ATO clocks? Thanks Russ

Attachments

Jmeechie

NAWCC Member
Dec 8, 2010
Country
Region
Hi,

I don't know of anyone but It looks like the contacts for the battery have corrosion on them and the regulating nut is laying in the bottom of the case as you are pointing out?

Cheers,
James

rlwindle

Mar 18, 2011
Dallas, TX
Country
Region
James, The contacts were the first thing I took some fine sandpaper to and sanded them. The arrow in the picture was from another post, it has since been put in place and regulated.I have even removed the movement and lightly blew it out with some compressed air.Russ

rlwindle

Mar 18, 2011
Dallas, TX
Country
Region
I loved it also, one of my favorite clocks, now If I can get it to run again, I will be happy.Russ

John Pommon

Mar 10, 2020
Country
I've got a L Hatot ATO mid 40's mantel clock that needs service on the movement. Does anyone know if there is an ATO tech on the forum?

Know Your NAWCC Forums Rules!
RULES & GUIDELINES

Find member

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BMW24
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit