• The Bulletins and Marts are again available online. The network connectivity problem has been fixed. Thank you all very much for your patience.

Lenzkirch spring wall clock, oak fretwork case, circa 1880

Brett Berry

Aug 21, 2013
Topeka
Country
Region
My most recent purchase is a Lenzkirch wall clock with a spring movement. Based upon the table by George Everett, the serial number places this movement to circa 1880. I have not found this model depicted in catalogs, books or on the internet. If anyone has a photograph or catalog illustration of this model I would greatly appreciate a copy so that I may reproduce missing fretwork and finials. Fortunately the pendulum and hands are original. At first I thought the hands may have been from a Welch Patti movement clock, but they are sufficiently different from Patti hands. The case is in tough but I couldn't resist the fretwork . s-l1600.jpg s-l1600 2.jpg s-l1600 3.jpg s-l1600 4.jpg s-l1600 7.jpg

Reactions: Adam K

LenzkirchFan

Aug 31, 2002
Missouri
Country
Region
Hi Brett,
I collect pictures of Lenzkirch clocks along with their movements and serial numbers. I have pictures of around 4,000 different Lenzkirch clocks. None are like you clock. Sorry. My suggestion is to use you imagination and replace the broken parts similar to what is already on the clock. It will look just fine. Nice Lenzkirch by the way!

Steve

Brett Berry

Aug 21, 2013
Topeka
Country
Region
Steve,
Thanks for your post! Four thousand different examples; normally I would've liked those odds! George Everett hasn't seen another like it either. In his book there are several illustrations from the 1892 catalog. None are exactly like this one. Several have similar broken front pediments. Of those, one has a spring movement, two have weights. They provide some guidance.

Brett

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyghost
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-