Lenzkirch clock ?

mr.jeepster

Nov 28, 2008
ILLINOIS
Country
Region
I pick it up Friday from a guy I been dealing with for a couple of years. I bought a couple of gustav beckers in the past fro him. He told me it was a lenzkirch early year. I can't find that sign in any of my books. I know in before 1870 they had no marks on movement but is this a lenzkirch? I'm comfused. thanks guys..

Attachments

doug sinclair

Aug 27, 2000
Calgary, Alberta
Country
Region
Have you checked the Lenzkirch logos as listed on Mikrolisk? Nothing there marches the logo on the back plate of the clock. The cursive monogram script is impossible to read in your photos. Have you come to any conclusion as to what the letters might be?

mr.jeepster

Nov 28, 2008
ILLINOIS
Country
Region
thanks for the reply. I look for that marking for the lenzkirch clock-no luck. Was it a Friday at 4:59 in the clock factory and miss putting on the top name? Why I thought was a lenzkirch. 2 locks hinges on door and the serial number matches the back of the dial and has the 4 spokes on weight wheel and the quality of the movement and movement holder. I saw the clock and trusted the guy and I never even look at the back of the movement when I paid him.. I bought beckers from him before so I trusted him..

Albra

Oct 17, 2006
Yes I´d say this is a Lenzie. I agree the movement has typical Lenzkirch features and also the logo is Lenzkirch.

There were several modifications of this logo and I recognize the letters A-L-G (= Aktien-Gesellschaft Lenzkirch)

Regards!

Albra

mr.jeepster

Nov 28, 2008
ILLINOIS
Country
Region
thanks guys for looking into it. I look and never saw this mark that they had. Why so many different one's? Because they went from a non mark from 1870 -1860 and was trying to set up a mark for there clock's so people won't copy off of them?

LenzkirchFan

NAWCC Member
Aug 31, 2002
Missouri
Country
Region
Yes, it is a Lenzkirch. The logo has been struck two or three times to make it look odd like this. I have seen that on other Lenzkirch clocks also. I would guess that it is a marriage with with case. This is an early movement but the case appears to be more moderns. Enjoy your Lenzkirch! Steve

Our 2021 National Meeting in Hampton Roads Virginia
Topic related ad experiment
Know Your NAWCC Forums Rules!
RULES & GUIDELINES

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pmendoza
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions