LeJour Chrono

J

jim88

I've got a LeJour chronograph wristwatch probably from the late 1970's. The dial case and steel band are all black like the Porsche models. The movement is a ValJoux 7750 automatic with day and date. I'd like to overhaul it (I do pocket watches) but I'd feel more comfortable with a breakdown of the movement. Does anyone know where I can get that?

[This message has been edited by jim88 (edited 03-01-2001).]

J

jim88

I've got a LeJour chronograph wristwatch probably from the late 1970's. The dial case and steel band are all black like the Porsche models. The movement is a ValJoux 7750 automatic with day and date. I'd like to overhaul it (I do pocket watches) but I'd feel more comfortable with a breakdown of the movement. Does anyone know where I can get that?

[This message has been edited by jim88 (edited 03-01-2001).]

M

Mike Kearney

I've got an Ebauches tech binder from 1976. I think your movement may be in there. I'll check this evening, and let you know. If anyone else can provide Jim info sooner, please do.

As to other sources, I suspect AWI has a copy, if you're a member. I'm not(maybe someday). If you are an NAWCC member, you can send a request to the NAWCC librarian, and they will send you a copy if it exists in the library (and I suspect it's there). Details on the NAWCC library page. Just another valuable but often overlooked benefit of NAWCC membership.

Regards,
Mike

[This message has been edited by Mike Kearney (edited 03-02-2001).]

M

Mike Kearney

Jim, I have a tech sheet for the 7750 that shows the parts and their names. No service or oiling instructions though. If you want, you can contact me at armillary@netstorm.net

Regards,
Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
debbieb63
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-