LeJour Chrono

Discussion in 'Wrist Watches' started by jim88, Mar 1, 2001.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. jim88

jim88 Guest

I've got a LeJour chronograph wristwatch probably from the late 1970's. The dial case and steel band are all black like the Porsche models. The movement is a ValJoux 7750 automatic with day and date. I'd like to overhaul it (I do pocket watches) but I'd feel more comfortable with a breakdown of the movement. Does anyone know where I can get that?

[This message has been edited by jim88 (edited 03-01-2001).]

2. jim88

jim88 Guest

I've got a LeJour chronograph wristwatch probably from the late 1970's. The dial case and steel band are all black like the Porsche models. The movement is a ValJoux 7750 automatic with day and date. I'd like to overhaul it (I do pocket watches) but I'd feel more comfortable with a breakdown of the movement. Does anyone know where I can get that?

[This message has been edited by jim88 (edited 03-01-2001).]

3. Mike Kearney

Mike Kearney Guest

I've got an Ebauches tech binder from 1976. I think your movement may be in there. I'll check this evening, and let you know. If anyone else can provide Jim info sooner, please do.

As to other sources, I suspect AWI has a copy, if you're a member. I'm not(maybe someday). If you are an NAWCC member, you can send a request to the NAWCC librarian, and they will send you a copy if it exists in the library (and I suspect it's there). Details on the NAWCC library page. Just another valuable but often overlooked benefit of NAWCC membership.

Regards,
    Mike

[This message has been edited by Mike Kearney (edited 03-02-2001).]

4. Mike Kearney

Mike Kearney Guest

Jim, I have a tech sheet for the 7750 that shows the parts and their names. No service or oiling instructions though. If you want, you can contact me at armillary@netstorm.net

Regards,
    Mike