• The NAWCC Museum and Library & Research Center are currently open. Please check the Visiting Schedule for Days and Hours at the bottom of the Visit Page.

Le Coultre Galaxy Mystery

mystery

Sep 21, 2012
Could anyone tell me the date of manufacture for a Le Coultre Galaxy Mystery with the serial number inside the watch case of 625-149 and on the next line 26954? I inherited it and would like to know a bit about its history. Thank you.

Squite

Jun 26, 2012
Seattle, WA, USA
Country
Region
Pictures will help us tell a lot more about it. Most Swiss companies didn't keep accurate serial number records like the American companies did, so visual clues are the next best bet. Posting some photos of the dial, movement, and any marks on the inner surfaces of the case (including that Galaxy mark) will likely help you get some more information.

sderek

Jan 8, 2009
USA
Country
Region
I've seen other posters mention that they were able to contact Longines directly. Longines will usually respond with specific information.

ulackfocus

Jun 4, 2009
Funny that Longines came up - LeCoultre was made up of Swiss JLC movements imported to America, housed in US made cases at the Longines plant in NY.

Anyway, if the serial numbers are done by JLC then 26954 can't be correct or the watch would be from around 1932. Even is 625-149 were correct (without the hyphen) it would be 1949, and that's still too early for that watch. Either you didn't get the correct number or LC had a completely different system than JLC. The serial number that's most important should be on the movement, not the inside of the caseback.