• The online Bulletins and Mart and Highlights are currently unavailable due to a failure of a network piece of equipment. We are working to replace it and have the Online publications available as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Lathes

D

David Newman

Owning two lathes, both a standard watchmaker's lathe and a larger machine, has been suggested as ideal by several message board contributers. Has anyone out there purchased a larger machine and then used it to actually make the smaller lathe?

D

David Newman

Owning two lathes, both a standard watchmaker's lathe and a larger machine, has been suggested as ideal by several message board contributers. Has anyone out there purchased a larger machine and then used it to actually make the smaller lathe?

M

mrb

I have, with the availability of quality watchmaker lathes it really wasn't economically worthwhile but it was fun. I did have warpage on my first attempt at heat treating.There is a series of books about making a complete workshop from scratch.Author I believe author was david gingrich. the only problem i see is that it is tough to make precision equipment from less than precise equipment.